Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly sim start date

noisenconfusion
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my contract expires on 8th March. I am happy with my device, so I want to move to a 12 month Pay Monthly Sim.

I was just wondering, if I ordered the sim today, when would the monthly contract start?

Could I wait until 8th March to activate it then the montly payments would begin? Or is it activated as soon as I order?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10257 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@noisenconfusion 

Your current contract wont just end, it will move to a rolling contract. 

If you log into Myo2 you will see your upgrade options including Sim Only, and it would start from the day you upgrade so the 8th March would be when you can change your plan.

If you want a new number then as soon as the sim is dispatched the contract starts, and you need to cancel the current / previous contract full details here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  or you can migrate your current number to the new contract if you want to Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10257 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@noisenconfusion 

Your current contract wont just end, it will move to a rolling contract. 

If you log into Myo2 you will see your upgrade options including Sim Only, and it would start from the day you upgrade so the 8th March would be when you can change your plan.

If you want a new number then as soon as the sim is dispatched the contract starts, and you need to cancel the current / previous contract full details here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  or you can migrate your current number to the new contract if you want to Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144795 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@noisenconfusion 

If you order today, o2 will charge you the amount remaining on your device plan.

Just wait until March 8th and upgrade to a sim only and it will all just switch over seamlessly and on your current sim card. 

No need to do any sim swaps or cancellations or any other messing about.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3