Did you mean: 

Pay monthly contract but no longer with partner

Tasha_18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I have recently split from a partner his contract is in my name. His phone is now paid off and its just a rolling sim only deal every month.

if i was to just ask for a pay as you go sim then move his number across to that then i will no longer be linked to his number will i?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There's no need to cancel if you're moving to PAYG.
You just need to call customer service and request the switch to PAYG and they will send out a new sim which will cancel the contract once it's activated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That's correct or he can now apply for his own sim only contract now in his name.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Tasha_18

If he's an ex partner....just cancel his contract as it's in your name

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Tasha_18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Great thank you, i just wanted to make sure i was no longer linked to that number in anyway
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Either way will set you free wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Tasha_18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff but He wishes to keep his number hence why i was moving him to pay as you go so that can still be done

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Tasha_18I wouldn't go to the extra effort....I would just cancel as shown above. That way you sever all ties.

However, that's just me wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Tasha_18 wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff but He wishes to keep his number hence why i was moving him to pay as you go so that can still be done

Then you do it your way @Tasha_18. Entirely up to you if you are wishing to be kind and the split was amicable slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Tasha_18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff Yeah the split has ended ok not sour so just want to make sure the final monthly payment is done then move him onto the pay as you go as long as im free off it i dont mind 😊

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There's no need to cancel if you're moving to PAYG.
You just need to call customer service and request the switch to PAYG and they will send out a new sim which will cancel the contract once it's activated.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13