Did you mean: 

Pay monthly Roaming in India

bwsubbu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I am travelling to India for few months. Standard rates for making calls to UK from India is £2 per minute.

I would see option to add bolt-on O2 Travel & Higher Data Limit in non-O2 Travel countries which cost  £4.99 a day. While adding bolt-on in MyO2, I get message it cannot be removed during subscription for 14 days.

Can anyone clarify if this daily cost is charged on all days outside UK or only on days outgoing calls will be made?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @bwsubbu

If travelling to India you will be charged at International rates

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

India.PNG

Your best bet will be to use WiFi wherever possible .

As far as I am aware India is not included at £4.99 per day in any available tariffs ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @bwsubbu

If travelling to India you will be charged at International rates

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

India.PNG

Your best bet will be to use WiFi wherever possible .

As far as I am aware India is not included at £4.99 per day in any available tariffs ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That bolt on only extends the amount of data you can use and is free but you will be charged upto £120 per billing cycle for data used. It does not reduce the cost of calling or texting back to the uk and will still cost you £2.00 per min as you stated in your post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's extremely expensive @bwsubbu

A couple of options. Get your phone unlocked and use a local sim....(though you would need to weigh up the cost of calling back to the UK using an Indian sim.

Or with O2 using Wifi wherever possible to communicate with friends and family back home ie Messenger, Whatsapp and Skype

Turn voicemail OFF...you will be charged for receiving the VM ..and again if you call to answer it. (So twice)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

By far your cheapest option is to get a Lycamobile PAYG sim before you go which should also work in your O2 phone (as they use the O2 network).

Rates when in India for calling UK as per image:

Lyca.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@bwsubbu (all the rest in new York accent), you get the bolt on? They dock ya! You go with unlocked phone and local sim? They dock ya! Try WiFi? They dock ya! Leave voicemail on? They dock ya! Is that a bluuue letter? Sorry just trying to say expect to shell money out in the fashion of a Coen Brothers classic, anyone guess which one for a bit of fun?
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @bwsubbu, and welcome to the forum Wave

There's a lot of info above, and I hope this clarifies the roaming prices in India for you but please let us know if you have any other questions the Community could help with slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7