cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly BlackBerry Z10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everybody

On Sunday I thought I'd go mad and get the new BlackBerry Z10 on O2 On contract. Being 19 I thought I wouldn't have a hope in hell in getting a contract as I have no credit history. Blow and behold I get an email saying my Z10 is being dispatched and will be in store on Wednesday, followed by a email today saying its being dispatched soon To my local store. Is that it? have I been accepted ?  Also if I have can I send a mate to get it for me?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Pretty sure they'll only release the phone to you. You could phone ahead and give permission which might work.

Well done on passing the credit check:) you certainly are a lucky guy:)

I expect a review from you:) it's such a tempting phone.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need a credit check for a contract these days? I did not actually know that tongue When I was 18, I got my first contract for 24 months with o2 and I had no credit history either. Maybe I was lucky too?

Yeah, i expect that is it all fine and if that's what they've said, that's what will happen. They may ask you to prove your identity and what-not but if you were declined, you would have been told by now I'm sure and they wouldn't bother shipping your phone.

Either way, I have a BB Z10 and I LOVE it. I really hope you enjoy your new phone slight_smile

Message 3 of 36

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Indeed its much more of a crack down these days. I got my first contract 12 month for a iPhone without problem. Next year I'm expected to pay £300 deposit on an upgrade 😞
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh really? Not even if I gave my friend my passport and/a bank statement? I will phone ahead and see if my friend can.

I'm surprised I've passed.

I will review it! I've used iPhones, androids and BlackBerrys and this looks the best. Might be doing an unboxing video if that interests you?. I will be interesting to see what's in the box
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

the z10 appeals more to me than the older bb that look & run the same, wouldnt mind seeing a review

Message 6 of 36

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Please do I'd defiantly be interested:) it's a very good looking phone.

Your friend will probably need something to prove he's your mate if they agree to it.

You can get the stores number from here if you don't already have it;

http://www.o2.co.uk/storelocator

I look forward to your review:)
Message 7 of 36

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Does it come with BBC iPlayer like the Playbook?

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 8 of 36

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I imagine you could install it even if it doesn't come with it.

Great app I love I player:)
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. im sure mainstream apps will soon be appearing on the app store

Message 10 of 36