cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay month mobile telephone and Tablet Payg

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have had a pay month SIM only for ao few months nowand recently purchaded a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and decided to gi with o2 for this device. However not sure on how to set it up. do i need to activate the SIM as attempts to send and receivw text0 messages has failed. Secodly i marry these two devices together under my mobile telephone my o2 account. Thank you for any suggestions frm me mthwkon

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All payg sims are already "active" as I said above but credit is needed to buy an allowance to allow you to use them on the network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The payg sim does not need activating but I was recently sent one that was deactivated.
If you try live chat they will tell you if the sim is good or not http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Use this link when logged into your My O2 to add your payg device to your main account.

payg.PNG

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there @Anonymous 

Can you please clarify if kept your sim only deal and got a pay and go data sim for the Tab or did you go for a data sharer deal?

Edit : I blame it on the hour that I didnt sleep this morning slight_smile just noticed the thread title...better late than never slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

So rewind and...

@hi again @Anonymous 

Did you top up instore? Or did it come with any promotional credit?

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already had the SIM only deal so in my haste purchased the data SIM independently.

also can anyone help my tablet does not appear to work outside of wi fi. do i need to activate the sim or the top up. or anything else.

many thanks 

MATTHEW

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you haven't Topped up then your sim is not active. If you don't top up you don't get the allowance. what tariff have u gone for?

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All payg sims are already "active" as I said above but credit is needed to buy an allowance to allow you to use them on the network.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8