Pay for 1GB but getting unlimited data usage for free

Millie123
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

o2 Chat can’t help me with this..!

So I pay approx £17 for my son’s contract. 1GB data, unlimited texts and calls. My son, however, is getting unlimited data. His data usage monthly is between 8 and 38gb a month. It’s in black and white when I check his data usage online. I have questioned o2 Chat but they say they can’t do anything about it. I never get charged for the extra data. Can’t put a bar on it, why? Most people would be delighted to get free data but it’s causing arguments at home. Hiding phone yup, easy when at home, but that’s not the issue..the issue is o2 don’t care 😂. When I check data usage for my phone, the little o2 circle shows me remaining data..but my son’s is always a full 1GB. Can anyone explain?

thanks 🤔

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Millie123 wrote:

Hi

Nothing resolved. Spoke at length to O2 including the techie department. They can see that my son's 4G usage can go up to 38gb a month yet he is supposed to be only getting 1GB. They said O2 can't actually fix the problem and a manager also spoke on the line saying a 4G limit cannot be placed on the phone. Said it was just a glitch that they couldn't fix...and to enjoy the unlimited data. Son is delighted, lol. I'm not! Just received the bill for this month..£18.13. Oh well! 

Millie

Wow...just wow...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

He's in heaven and I suppose the only way to 'fix' this 'problem' would be a new contract so I certainly ould not complain. You now have recorded transcripts and replies so no need to worry.

Message 12 of 12