Pay for 1GB but getting unlimited data usage for free

Millie123
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

o2 Chat can’t help me with this..!

So I pay approx £17 for my son’s contract. 1GB data, unlimited texts and calls. My son, however, is getting unlimited data. His data usage monthly is between 8 and 38gb a month. It’s in black and white when I check his data usage online. I have questioned o2 Chat but they say they can’t do anything about it. I never get charged for the extra data. Can’t put a bar on it, why? Most people would be delighted to get free data but it’s causing arguments at home. Hiding phone yup, easy when at home, but that’s not the issue..the issue is o2 don’t care 😂. When I check data usage for my phone, the little o2 circle shows me remaining data..but my son’s is always a full 1GB. Can anyone explain?

thanks 🤔

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Millie123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

Nothing resolved. Spoke at length to O2 including the techie department. They can see that my son's 4G usage can go up to 38gb a month yet he is supposed to be only getting 1GB. They said O2 can't actually fix the problem and a manager also spoke on the line saying a 4G limit cannot be placed on the phone. Said it was just a glitch that they couldn't fix...and to enjoy the unlimited data. Son is delighted, lol. I'm not! Just received the bill for this month..£18.13. Oh well! 

Millie

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Millie123 only O2 could possibly answer that. Call them rather than using chat 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
An obvious error in the account setup process or glitch in the system with his account.
We can only advise you to continue with customer service if you really want this stopping. It may need escalating but someone should be able to sort it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35919 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions
No odd Bolt-ons showing on your son's account? Strange one right enough!
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Unlimited data? Very strange. As said it needs sorting @Millie123.

I would hate them to come back and say you have to pay!!

I realise they shouldn't be able to do that but with O2 you never know what will happen.... Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 7 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Millie123, it's been a few days since you posted about the data usage issue so I just wanted to check if you have made any progress with this? slight_smile

Message 8 of 12

Millie123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

Nothing resolved. Spoke at length to O2 including the techie department. They can see that my son's 4G usage can go up to 38gb a month yet he is supposed to be only getting 1GB. They said O2 can't actually fix the problem and a manager also spoke on the line saying a 4G limit cannot be placed on the phone. Said it was just a glitch that they couldn't fix...and to enjoy the unlimited data. Son is delighted, lol. I'm not! Just received the bill for this month..£18.13. Oh well! 

Millie

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
People would pay good money for that contract wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12