cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go question - help please!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

my mum is currently on the 'text & web' tariff on an iphone4 and she only uses it to send the odd text and to make the odd phone call, yet everyday 02 are sending her a message saying something about - you will only be charged a pound today for however many mb of data.

This is totally not necessary for my mum - yet she is being charged this pound every sing day and it's getting ridiculous.

I've looked at the other tariffs but they all seem to say £1 a day for data?

Can anyone help please?!

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is because data is turned on, just turn it off
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just to add if she sends or accepts MMS messages then turning off data will stop this service. 

Smartphones shout out to be used on the internet and a lot of the specs require connection.

Has she looked at adding some form of data package.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi -thank you for your speedy replies!!

I guess that is the cellular data I need to switch off then. Does that mean that she will not be able to do anything with it if wifi is not on? What exactly is that?

I haven't looked at any data package - what would you suggest? She only sends/receives a couple of txts a day - if that. same with calls. She only ever goes on internet when wifi is on.

I really have no clue with this pay as you go stuff - I've been on o2 contract for so long - its changed so much since I was on p&go!

Thank you for your time!!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't need wifi or data for normal phone calls or text messages. Wifi and data is only required for internet access, emails etc.
If it's only used for calls & texts turn off data and worry no more.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you so much - I appreciate it!! slight_smile

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No probs, just ask if you need any more help....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8