cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as You Go, smartphone advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has probably been answered before, so apologies. Im looking for a good priced touch screen phone, email, calls, texts and camera on Pay as you go option for my mother (70).  She has wifi at home and will connect to that 80% of the total time for emails etc. Outside of the home Im guessing she'll use 3G.  With regards to topups, she wont need a regular monthly topup amount...is there a tariff when she can topup as and when she wants/reaches her limits? Any help would be appreciated. Shes currently with O2, basic phone/topup. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. There are some really nice samsung phones on the market right now.

I would suggest you visiting a shop to try out the demo models for her.

Regarding tariffs as long as a top up or the sim is used within 6 months it will remain active.

Possibly pay as you go go go 10. Although this type has an anniversary date that needs a top up by.

Possibly o2 unlimited or simplicity will be appropriate.
What tariff is she in currently ?

Here's the link to what's available.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. There are some really nice samsung phones on the market right now.

I would suggest you visiting a shop to try out the demo models for her.

Regarding tariffs as long as a top up or the sim is used within 6 months it will remain active.

Possibly pay as you go go go 10. Although this type has an anniversary date that needs a top up by.

Possibly o2 unlimited or simplicity will be appropriate.
What tariff is she in currently ?

Here's the link to what's available.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - yes Ive looked at a few Samsung phones - my main issue (prob lack of unsertanding) is about the top up - she wont want a regular automatic top up applied to the sim each month.  Is that possible with the go go go?  Thanks for the quick reply.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes.

Automatic top up is only applied by the account holder. I'm on pay as you go go go 20 and top up manually.

I don't like the idea of automatic top up either !

If she misses her top up anniversary date it does not matter because when she does top up again she will get her new allowances and a new anniversary date.

Be aware any unused portion of the allowances do not Roll over into the next month.
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
She will really want a data bolt on if using 3 outside the home otherwise P&G tariffs cost £1.00 a day for Daily Web unless mobile data is switched off.
Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The issue you will have if you do not do a monthly top up there will not be a pay as you go tariff that will get you any included data after 30 days of topup (aniversary date).

Then data on 3g would cost £1 a day for 50mb.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Also, you wouldn't have any credit after 30 days. O2 Unlimited or Text & Web tariff allows you to get allowances when you top up and keep your credit to use after 30 days.....

Also take a look at the Moto G

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7