cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and go, go, go or contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of background, my contract with t-mobile ends soon and let me tell you they are awful so, I'm coming to o2 - my wife is already with o2 and loves them plus we get reception at home which I don't get with t-mob.

However, I can't decide between P+GGG at £10 or the £13.50 p/month contract which is currently reduced to £10.50 for 12 months.  Allowances are fine on either.

With the contract, after the initial 12 months at £10.50 it rises to £13.50, will it stay at this for evermore unless, of course I decide to upgrade?

What's the pluses and minuses of both please?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

At the end of the 12 months it becomes a 30 rolling contract, so you are free to change tariffs if a better deal is available then.

Pay monthly can use a direct debit so you don't have to remember to pay the bill, I think O2 now does an auto top up for Pay and Go.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

At the end of the 12 months it becomes a 30 rolling contract, so you are free to change tariffs if a better deal is available then.

Pay monthly can use a direct debit so you don't have to remember to pay the bill, I think O2 now does an auto top up for Pay and Go.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers perksie, a 30 rolling contract I take is 30 days?

With p+ggg would the £10 p/month stay at £10 for ever more?
Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes to both Q's.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous wrote:

Bit of background, my contract with t-mobile ends soon and let me tell you they are awful so, I'm coming to o2 - my wife is already with o2 and loves them plus we get reception at home which I don't get with t-mob.

However, I can't decide between P+GGG at £10 or the £13.50 p/month contract which is currently reduced to £10.50 for 12 months.  Allowances are fine on either.

With the contract, after the initial 12 months at £10.50 it rises to £13.50, will it stay at this for evermore unless, of course I decide to upgrade?

What's the pluses and minuses of both please?

you have come to the right network,Smiley Very Happy excuse my promo of o2Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Stuart are you still being paid for that?:D

Welcome to the light side:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers, very helpful so far. I'm with o2 for my broadband and am pleased with that so here's hoping. I just need to decide whether to get out of my t-mob contact 2 months early so as to ensure I can take up the current o2 offers on either of the plans. Do people think the offers will be on for some time?
Message 8 of 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd love to say yes but I don't think anyone knows. You could start to recoup any losses from buying out early in what 5 months:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We find offers come and go all the time, but I think you are right to pick a network with the best coverage for where you live.

Lots of the offers get extended too.

Message 10 of 18