cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and Go Go Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been an O2 Pay As You Go customer for some time, but I've recently purchased a sim free mobile (Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini) as I don't make that many calls so I don't need a monthly contract.

When I look at the O2 options I'm offered a free sim card and Pay and Go Go Go option for £10 per month but I'm unsure what this if for. Is it a monthly contract or will I be committed to a £10 monthly top-up?

Please excuse my ignorance as never having owned one of these phones I am completely in the dark as to what I should do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Sue38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

Many thanks for a very helpful explanation MI5.  Please can you help me with one further question:  if I want to change from pay and go go to O2 Unlimited, do I need a different SIM or is it simply a case of contacting O2 and asking to change to a different tariff?

many thanks

Sue

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145695 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28013 Solutions
If you're already an existing O2 Pay & Go customer and want to swap to Unlimited, text NOLIMIT to 21300 free from your O2 mobile or visit My O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 18

Sue38
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks. Much appreciated

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 145695 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28013 Solutions
No problem at all Sue....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 18

Luke198823
Level 3: Thinker
  • 69 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hi you will need to top up £10 evey month to get your free mins and texts and internet but it will tack the £10 out of credit evey month.

Message 15 of 18

Sue38
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. Sorry to ask another newbie type question. MI5. Using your example , if after the first month there is £15 credit left I understand from your message that I can use this up as I want to. However, Luke says that unlimited will just take £10 of the credit to pay for a further months allowances whether I want them or not Sorry to ask but I just want to clarify how this works. Many thanks to both of you for your advice. Sue.
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 145695 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28013 Solutions
Ignore Luke, he's wrong !!

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 18

Sue38
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Many thanks MI5
Sue
Message 18 of 18