cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and Go Go Go not updating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am a new Pay and Go Customer.

I was looking to go on the the Pay and Go Go Go 10 plan as I need to use some Data over the coming month due to not having a home internet connection for some time.

So I insert the SIM into my 2 year old Samsung and follow the steps that came with the SIM to a tee:  I put the SIM in, I top up £10 followed by me sending the "GO10" text to 21300.  I get a text back from O2 almost immediately confirming that I will be moved to Pay and Go Go Go on the 17th of July (today's date).

So I use my internet connection on my mobile to check my tarriff on "My O2" - bear in mind I had previously been told that this website costs no data allowance.  I find out that my balance is £9.14 instead of the £10.00 it should be as I have made no calls or texts in this time (other than the one I sent to O2 to join the plan), my tarriff plan is now pending a top up.

I'm not entirely sure what I've done wrong here to be honest.  I followed the steps to a tee.  As a new customer I'm not entirely satisfied with how this has panned out within minutes of me joining O2.  Considering moving providers who appear to have a simpler approach to topping up and paying for plans than O2 have. 😕

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You do need £10 in total for the tariff to take effect.

As far as I'm aware accessing the Internet pages on your phone comes at a cost wether its from your running data allowance or available credit on your phone.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem with this is that I believed I was already on the tarriff which includes up to 250MB  of data so I shouldn't have had anything taken from the £10 I added minutes before.  There was nothing in the literature I recieved with the SIM card stating that I would have to wait for the tarriff to be applied.

I got a confirmation text saying I would be put on the plan today (which I read to be an instant application of the tarriff because of the date), coupled with the fact that the webpages I had accessed were MyO2 only (to check my balance), pages which I was informed were free of charge data wise.

This is all very ambiguous and unclear by O2.  Looking to recieve these costs back due to this.  I'm also not willing to part with another £10 to get this plan into effect, if I wanted to spend £20 I would have picked that plan instead.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

You need to speak to customer service to get the credit refunded on 4445 although it does cost 25p per call to them. Another option would be webchat on the link immediately below.

Chat

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do the webchat now.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My issue has been resolved via Webchat and I'm now on the plan I wanted.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted and perhaps you could mark the thread as resoved:smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad to hear that your problem has been solved! wink

Message 8 of 8