cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go question re top ups

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have o2 pay & go (regular phone not one of those smart phones - I know i live in the dark ages.. :).

Anyway, my pay and go sim I dont get any freebies with it at all - never have (well apart from the 'rewards').  Some months I top up some months I dont - hence why I dont go with contract.  for a long time now there have been the sims that include either free text/free calls (do not need want free data) but I believe it says, for example, you have to top up £10.00 a month.

So ok the situation is say for this month March I top up £10.00 - get the relevant free calls/texts - but then in April, I don't top up (I assume then for April I just don't get any free allowance).. but in May I do top up - so I do get the free allowances for May and so on.  Is all that making sense?  Months I top up I'd get the free allowances and then months I don't top up I dont get them.

Thank you for your advice in advance.  Keep meaning to pop into the shops but during lunch hours always a long queue! 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You summise correctly that you only get the allowances in the months that you top up. You need to select a tariff that is suitable for your needs but you can look online and order the relevant sim card. O2 will transfer your number for you if you wish to keep it. Or, queues permitting pick one up at the O2 shop who will arrange everything for you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, that is correct.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You summise correctly that you only get the allowances in the months that you top up. You need to select a tariff that is suitable for your needs but you can look online and order the relevant sim card. O2 will transfer your number for you if you wish to keep it. Or, queues permitting pick one up at the O2 shop who will arrange everything for you.

Message 3 of 3