cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go phone stolen and used

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Called 02 today as my sons PAYG phone was stolen from pocket of jacket at school on playing field.  Blocked IMEI and SIM and explained that phone was last seen at lunch.  They told me that it was used at 16.30 as someone has used it to text a number but of course they wont give me the number 😞

I have reported it to the police who have told me that they have yet to decide if they will investigate.  After speaking to a friend who is a policeman at the local station they have told me that it is unlikely that it will be looked in to other than the IMEI put on the stolen phone database as they just don't have the manpower.

I'm really cross as happy to investigate myself but cant the info.  Anyone able to advise on next steps?  I just think its unfair that some toerag has had it away and will be left unpunished with a phone that wont even work now 😞

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can't do anything as it was on the field and there is no CCTV. Spoke to the police yesterday who confirmed that they will do nothing even after pleading with them to get the number from O2.
I have put in a formal complaint as I'm sick of reporting crimes with nothing being done 😞

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Morning.

By the sounds of it you have done everything you can possibly do at this stage.

Quite correctly O2 can not disclose any other details.

Could you not speak to your sons school and see how far they can take it there?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can't do anything as it was on the field and there is no CCTV. Spoke to the police yesterday who confirmed that they will do nothing even after pleading with them to get the number from O2.
I have put in a formal complaint as I'm sick of reporting crimes with nothing being done 😞
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an ongoing problem in Schools IMO, Heads won't admit that crime happens in "their" School because it looks bad when they get inspected, so the scrotes get away with it, and even if they're caught the Police's hands are tied because although the legal age of crimininal responsibility is as low as 10, the Police can't do anything to kids, because of some stupid human rights thing from Europe.

Message 4 of 4