cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go go go not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

With good faith I decided to switch from Vodafone to O2 because of the very appealing "Pay & Go Go Go" tariff.

My SIM cards arrived and I faithfully followed the instructions:

1) Pop out the right sim and put it in your phone. DONE

2) Top up - call 4444 free or visit o2.co.uk/topup. DONE

3) You need to choose your bundle from the table below and text the keyword .... I CHOSE GO10 and texted that to 21300

So, in sum, I chose the £10 pm option to get 75 mins, 500 texts and 250MB data

My PAYG account, however, initially gave me "simplicity" and my initial £10 top-up is going down and I am not seeing any benefits to the "Go Go Go" tariff.

After looking on my o2 account, it now shows that I am on the GO10 tariff, but I have to top-up to receive the benefits of it.

I have followed the instructions to the letter and yet I feel as though o2 have ripped me off and having to pay £20 to get a £10pm tariff.

Any advice would be appreciated here.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would give them a call and explain and ask them to sort it for you slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could call customer services on 4445 to ask what's going on they may be able to shed some light on it
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting (from this forum):

If you’re already on Pay & Go, you can get on to Pay & Go Go Go in two ways:

• call 2202 (it’s free from your mobile)
  • text GO 10 (for the £10 tariff) or GO 20 (for the £20 tariff), free to 21300.

If you’re not with O2, go to an O2 shop or o2.co.uk and get a free Pay & Go Go Go SIM. Once you have, you can get on to Pay & Go Go Go by calling or texting the numbers above.

So, I get one set of instructions and the above is a different set of instructions, however, it seems as though the latter is more likely to be correct.

I think this is a matter of poor communication, rather than a rip-off attempt. Two very different sets of instructions.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like yet another error in their advertising
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would give them a call and explain and ask them to sort it for you slight_smile
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It can take upto 24 hours for new accounts to be fully set up and register on the system. If you did everything all at once you really should have waited for your confirmation text that you were on PAYGGG. As advised above, a call to 4445 CS should resolve the issue for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do let us know how you get on with this I'm sure customer services will be able to sort it for you slight_smile
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
All sorted. Live agent understood the situation and activated everything for me.

Thanks to all for their help.
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear you got it sorted slight_smile
Message 10 of 10