cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go Go Go Top up problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sorry if the answer to my problem is obvious, I am quite new to O2. I seem to be having issues with the pay & go go go top up. I have now (mistakenly) topped up my phone twice at the same time (2 x £10) according to my O2 account history, on 6-01-13. The balance continually reduces with every text. It will not allow me to send any more texts (I have only sent approx 120) so I have not used my allocated 500 texts yet and the balance is £0 on my phone and on my O2 online account. It also says I have zero texts left. Considering I have topped up twice this month (in one day) and I have now had to top up (£10) again, on 09-01-13, to send texts (£30 in one month!!), can anyone tell me what is going wrong with this please? I am also due to step up the tariff, (14-01-13 for the first anniversary).

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hi there welcome to the forums:)

You have top to up before your anniversary to gain access to the "extras" for the next month.

When did you start your tarif? Did you top up when you took out the tariff?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94089 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You only get your new allowances on your anniversary date no matter how many times you top up before that date. The amount you top up does affect the allowance that you receive,

Hope that makes sense.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue is not accessing the extras. I have topped up the phone twice on 06-01-13 to the value of £20. Yet i have not used my current months allowance and it is telling me i need to top up again. I do not understand this.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I started the tariff in november and yes i topped it up straight away

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make that october (3 month anniversary on 14-01-13

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unbeknown to me, my daughter has been using the internet a lot and used up her data credit. Does this also mean the rest of the credit such as text allowance and call allowance is not accessible Once one part of the credit is used up? Also where can I view the usage of the phone, I.e. number of texts used, call minutes used, data used etc...? It is on pay and go go go.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94089 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

She will still get her other allowances but she will use up any credit on the phone if she carries on using data. Register at My O2 and you can check allowances remaining.

Message 8 of 8