Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Tablet device plan off early and cancel contract

Alexecwhite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I have a tablet with O2 and have over 40 months remaining. I have the money to pay off the device plan in one go so I can then do a 30 day notice on my airtime bill to leave. I only use it for WIFI so I don’t need to keep my services active.

I rang 2 days ago to make the over payment however the payment system wasn’t working as the lady said it can be temperamental. Which I can understand as I work in telecoms myself. Because it didn’t take the payment she advised to pay using bank transfer which I’m happy to do.

However I’ve seen online that people have had trouble with this before, such as they make the payment but it doesn’t go to their device plan just sits on their account and covers their airtime bill instead. I do not want this to happen I just want to pay the full amount off. I’m surprised you can’t do a 30 day notice and have the remaining total (like a early termination fee) appear on your final bill and pay it that way like you can with Vodafone.

Can someone give me updated information on overpayments to your device plan specifically, and how bank transfers work. As i want it paid off ASAP and contract cancelled slight_smile

Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94110 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Don't pay by bank transfer as it won't be allocated to the device

Give them another call as the payments are going through now

Even use live chat although that is difficult to get connected on a weekend especially given the few operatives working at the moment

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94110 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Don't pay by bank transfer as it won't be allocated to the device

Give them another call as the payments are going through now

Even use live chat although that is difficult to get connected on a weekend especially given the few operatives working at the moment

Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38562 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions
Message 3 of 6

Alexecwhite
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you! Will call them and see if it works
Message 4 of 6

Alexecwhite
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you!
Message 5 of 6

Alexecwhite
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just an update, I’ve been able to pay off my device plan online. Just went through an upgrade to a 30 day sim only plan, and it added the remaining on my device plan as an early settlement! So I’ve been able to pay this way! At least I know it’s gone through correctly by paying it myself. Will just wait 30 days for my notice 😊
Message 6 of 6