Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly

Alexander
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm new to pay monthly so I was just wondering if someone could help me with a question I have... 

It says I was billed on the 22 August, is this just to let me know how much i owe?

It says payment due 5th September, I made a manual payment today (23rd August), does that mean that no money will come out my bank as I have made a manual payment?

Lastly, does "Your next bill will arrive in 29 days, on 21 September 2018." just let me know how much I owe and not the day I have to pay.

Sorry if this causes confision however I am slightly confused myself, appreciate if someone could help!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your bill is produced on the same date every month and the direct debit will be taken 14 days after the bill is produced. You should get an email every month telling you the amount due and the due by date.

As you have made a manual payment this month, nothing will come out of your account. However be careful when making a manual payment because it has to be made at least 6 working days before the direct debit is due, otherwise you could end up paying twice.

Billing explained here ::

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your bill is produced on the same date every month and the direct debit will be taken 14 days after the bill is produced. You should get an email every month telling you the amount due and the due by date.

As you have made a manual payment this month, nothing will come out of your account. However be careful when making a manual payment because it has to be made at least 6 working days before the direct debit is due, otherwise you could end up paying twice.

Billing explained here ::

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

Message 2 of 6

Alexander
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! Appreciate the response you asnwered all my questions!

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Alexander
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry but I have one last question... My balance is £-1.00, does this mean I've over paid by £1?
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes it does. That will stay on your account and your next bill will have a £1.00 reduction.

Message 6 of 6