Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly without UK driving licence

TrhjohVeld
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have been trying to get a Pay Monthly online after being on Pay as you go since 2016.

You have to fill in lots of different details so O2 can do a credit check (fully understandable, as it's direct debit).

I provided them with my bank account details, card details, passport etc. but the only thing I could not provide is my UK driving licence, because I don't have one. I have a Dutch one but the code wouldn't work so I left it blank. 

I click 'next' and it says: Sorry you didn't provide us with enough information to do the credit check.

The ONLY thing I did not fill in was the UK driving licence because I have a Dutch one, and what about British people who do not have a driving licence? How do they get a PayMonthly through the online shop?

For my credit card and other credit checks they never needed a UK driving licence, so why can't O2 do without? Is there a way around this? Why can other companies do it without?

I called Customer Service and I asked if I can go into an actual shop without having a UK driving licence and they said they didn't know? 

Even if I can go to the shop, a driving licence is something not everyone has, whether you're British or not. It shouldn't be this difficult to get a credit check done.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you can go in store with your passport and a recent utility bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you can go in store with your passport and a recent utility bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

One other reason why people should go instore. Every point @TrhjohVeld makes is valid.

Not everyone has a driving licence so it should be an either/ or.

That's the problem when 'computer says no'. Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The problem is the criteria set on the web form.
It should be coded to accept 2 from 3 or 3 from 4 etc not all of them, or at least flag it immediately to a CS representative to call or contact the customer in some way to get the required info to override it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have a driving license myself but when I went from payg to sim only 4 years ago( I’m now on Refresh) Pay monthly i did it in the store & I think I only needed my debit card & passport if I remember correctly 

Message 5 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I also don't have a driving licence. And when I went from PAYG to contract, done in-store, I provided a current utility bill, my passport and debit card. But I did check by phone what they'd require before going.

I'd say the online form needs updating @Martin-O2, @EmilieT, @Marjo. Something to feed back to O2 I think.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35236 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
As everyone else has said, best done in-store. O2 personnel in store are adept at overcoming these little issues, fortunately.
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Glory1 for the mention! I'll make sure to pass on this feedback, cheers everyone slight_smile

@TrhjohVeld have you managed to set up your new contract in store since you last posted? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8