Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Pay Monthly Sims and Credit Check

Hi,

I saw a recent banner on one of the websites telling me that I could have up to 4 pay monthly sim cards sent to my address so that I can give some to friends, family etc but still keeping one for myself. Has anyone else seem that banner or taken advantage of the offer?

well the problem is that when I go to the activation site which is o2.co.uk/activatemysim, my order is declined.

is this normal to have such a strick credit check for something like this? I had a sim only with T-Mobile and more recently Orange and there was no issues at all.

Please help.

Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Its just a standard credit vet.

Perhaps because you have already had searches on your account from other companies o2 have decided not to accept you.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Surely this offer is for 4 Pay as you Go sim cards, and no credit check would be involved?

Or did you apply for a Simplicity Sim, in which case a credit check would apply as that is a monthly contract?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Surely this offer is for 4 Pay as you Go sim cards, and no credit check would be involved?
Or did you apply for a Simplicity Sim, in which case a credit check would apply as that is a monthly contract?

No it is for sim only, its a new thing where they send out the sims and then you go on the website and apply for the account.

Seems like a waste of money to me, seems pointless sending out sims to people who might fail the credit check or not even bother to use them.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

No it is for sim only, its a new thing where they send out the sims and then you go on the website and apply for the account.
Seems like a waste of money to me, seems pointless sending out sims to people who might fail the credit check or not even bother to use them.

Thanks wanty. I haven't heard of that; as you say sounds a very strange thing as each new sim user will have to apply separately!
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1