cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Bill In Advance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive noticed there is a button on my O2 that says pay bill, now my bill isn't due yet so if I pressed pay would I pay for my bill in advance?? (I'm a new pay monthly customer) 

Slightly confused and curious. 

Thanks

Bex 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It's there for people who pay manually each month. Any over payments will be applied as credit on your account....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Have you set up a direct debit to pay your bill? If so, you don't need to do anything. The money will be debited from your account on the due date.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It's there for people who pay manually each month. Any over payments will be applied as credit on your account....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
How does this work then? Instead of waiting until your DD date, you can just pay your bill via a debit card once your bill is generated? How close to the DD date can you wait to pay it before the DD will be requested anyway?

Thanks

Mark..
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I checked this with o2 I was told if you pay it manually the direct debit may still come out anyway and supposedly they cant stop it

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You need at least 10 days clear to prevent the DD from being taken automatically.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just cancel your direct debit and pay in advance as I do:) anything that is extra you'll be informed about.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Direct debits are there for peace of mind, much the better option for me as I don't have the best memory nowadays.

Message 8 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
My memory is terrible I've set up a recurring reminder on my phone.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 9