cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Being Charged Early

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi every one am currently being charged early on my bill this is the 2nd time before the bill due date. And i then get a rather rude email from o2 stating that ive not oaid infact i have and got proof of this. wgat are my options in this scenario please help
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous

If you are on a Refresh contract, which it sounds like you are, then you would have 2 charges each month. One for the airtime and the second, 2 weeks later, covering the device plan. So I presume what you are referring to as an 'early' charge is in fact the air time portion of your contract. It also sounds like you don't have a direct debit set up to cover these charges.

It might be an idea to have a DD set up so these charges are paid on the due date without your having to remember to pay them when they fall due.

In the meantime, you need to speak to Customer Services soonest to sort this out http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus The best time to speak to them is between 08:00-08:30.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@SubAtomic a slight correction to my response above re charges to your account. I should have said the first charge is for the device plan and the second, two weeks later, is for the airtime plan. So the 'early' charge is for your device and the second covers your airtime. Apologies for the mix-up.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Correction. Airtime plan comes out first when the bill is generated then 2 weeks later the device plan portion
Message 4 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What do you mean by "early" exactly.
I can't work out what you are trying to say so cannot answer your question without more info.
From an account perspective you have a bill generation date then 2 weeks later, a bill payment date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks @Anonymous I was correct in the first instance, thought I'd got it the wrong way round and made, what I thought, was a correction.

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm a bit confused as well. I thought both payments, though separate came out of your account on the same day...?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

If you're on O2 Refresh we split your bill in two, so you’ll see two payments each month.
1. Device Plan - the cost of your phone or tablet
2. Airtime Plan - the monthly cost of your data, minutes and texts

Both payments will come out of your account on the same day.

However.. I haven't got Refresh so can't comment with certainty....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's what I'm trying to drill down into but without further comment from @Anonymous we'll struggle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

I'm a bit confused as well. I thought both payments, though separate came out of your account on the same day...?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

If you're on O2 Refresh we split your bill in two, so you’ll see two payments each month.
1. Device Plan - the cost of your phone or tablet
2. Airtime Plan - the monthly cost of your data, minutes and texts

Both payments will come out of your account on the same day.

However.. I haven't got Refresh so can't comment with certainty....

I also believe this to be correct as people on a simo don't pay on the day the bill is generated and by law, DD payments have to be notified of in advance.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The opening post is confusing without doubt. However, as I'm not on a Refresh tariff (if that's what @Anonymous is talking about) so I will leave other, more knowledgeable folk to sort it...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18