Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Pay Monthly - Agreed tariff £11 bill showing £24

I have just agreed a Pay Monthly Agreement of £11.

I understand that it was discounted from £24 and that the first bill would be based on that price.

However I am a bit concerned that there is no mention on the bill about the agreed tariff.

Has anyone had problems with this or does it all work out with subsequent bills?

Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,894

Re: Pay Monthly - Agreed tariff £11 bill showing £24

I believe you get a double discount applied to your second bill, a few threads about this.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Just had my first payment taken £24.76!

Rang O2 and the agreed discount had not been arranged.

They have agreed to credit £13 discount that should have been on this month on next month's bill.

Anyone else having this problem ring 0800 9020217.

If I had not rung they would have continued charging me the full amount.

Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,894

Glad you got it sorted but it is supposed to be applied on the second bill. Unless of course it hadn't been set up correctly in the first place Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jonsie wrote:

Glad you got it sorted but it is supposed to be applied on the second bill. Unless of course it hadn't been set up correctly in the first place Smiley Frustrated

You're right, the first bill comes out at full price, then a double discount is applied to the second bill to pay you back, then just £11 each month.

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,853
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

the process assumes that you followed the correct procedue as per the info here http://www.o2.co.uk/movetopaymonthly point 3 is the critical bit" Transfer your number using our online form and we’ll transfer your Rewards balance and Call credit. You must also complete this form to make sure you get your monthly discount."

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Didn't do it online  went into an O2 shop and had assumed they knew what they were doing.

Don't like it if the discount only appears on second bill - with no mention on first - could get tied in to something you had not agreed to.

Thanks for you replies though.

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,853
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

if you visit the o2 online shop and select 12 months on one of the handsets listed in the offer page it clearly states that the discount will be double on the second bill

• Exclusive offer for O2 Pay & Go customers who have been with us for more than 6 months.
  • You get 100MB included in your tariff (worth £3). If you want 500MB or 1GB of data that's ok too, the £3 discount will still apply.
  • You also get an additional £10 discount every month for 12 months.
  • Double discounts will appear on your second bill to cover your first 2 months. A £13 discount will appear on bills 3 - 12.

from this page http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pay_monthly/init/Nokia/Asha_300 as an example

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services