Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Month in Advance for tariff change

Hdavey17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m confused. I bill is usually due 21st of month. I’m looking to change tariff so I get more Data (6gb to 8gb). I’ve been told I can do this now 8 days before next bill is due. Then my bill due 21st will be old tariff pro rata/new tariff pro rata, which I understand. But in addition I will have to pay an extra £22 for a month in advance? I don’t understand why? That means my May bill will be practically double, which doesn’t sound right....or have I got something really simple, really wrong.....help?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, what you will pay is the new tariff price plus the additional days pro rata.
This is to maintain your current billing date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, what you will pay is the new tariff price plus the additional days pro rata.
This is to maintain your current billing date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Hdavey17
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes my previous month pro rata between old tariff (21st April - 11th May) new tariff pro rata (12th May - 20th May) plus £22 for the new tariff payable one month in advance. O2 told me this online chat, so in effect am I not being charger for 2 months in one billing period???? I dont understand it????
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You have already paid this months bill up to the 20th May. You next bill will be the new tariff price plus 8 days, that's all.
Live chat are wrong and confusing you.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @Hdavey17 slight_smile Does your bill make more sense now or are you still stuck? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 11

Hdavey17
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes but............I did end up upgrading to the higher cost tariff.  I was told by agent it would change at Midnight on 13th May, checked the following morning and it was set to come into effect on my next billing date.  Not what I was told by the agent.  I have since canceled the tariff upgrade and to be honest I cannot wait for my contract to end so I can move to Giff Gaff!

Message 6 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Hdavey17 I'm sorry to read you still didn't get any resolution, I'm sending you a PM now to get some more info! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Hdavey17 wrote:

Yes but............I did end up upgrading to the higher cost tariff.  I was told by agent it would change at Midnight on 13th May, checked the following morning and it was set to come into effect on my next billing date.  Not what I was told by the agent.  I have since canceled the tariff upgrade and to be honest I cannot wait for my contract to end so I can move to Giff Gaff!

Live chat failing to activate the tariff change immediately I assume?

This is why we always say to call for account changes.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Hdavey17
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told on live chat that they could change the tariff next day. If they couldn’t do this then they should not say they can. It should make no difference what so ever if this false information has been given on live chat or over the telephone.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I agree, but we see errors time and time again from live chat.
Just trying to help by offering the benefit of our experience.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11