Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental control questions

EmmaC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi , can anyone offer advice on parental control issues , screen usage time and general blocking of children using phone at home please ? Ideally I’d like a way whereby I can restrict texting and phones calls during the night whilst children should be sleeping .. my children’s numbers are attached to my 02 account and all their mobile numbers are in my name .. thank you 😊
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @EmmaC 

This is O2's info on Parental control

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification 

As for texting during the night etc, I would be making sure their phones are not in the bedroom  when they should be sleeping.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @EmmaC 

This is O2's info on Parental control

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification 

As for texting during the night etc, I would be making sure their phones are not in the bedroom  when they should be sleeping.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@EmmaC 

You can't turn their phones off so all you can do is remove them.

Rule in our house is all phones and tablets are placed outside the bedroom door, no later than 10pm.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I would imagine the only practical way is to remove their devices overnight - set a time, get yourself a box of somesort and all devices in the box on the kitchen table or whereever by that time

Message 4 of 4