Did you mean: 

Paper Billing

IT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have just received my latest bill through the post with a note enclosed stating that from 1st January 2015 I will be charged an extra £1.50 per month unless I change to paperless billing.

I have been with O2 since the Cellnet days and am incenced that I am expected to pay extra for what has always been described on my account as free paper billing.

Can O2 really do this or do I have cause to complain that this is against the terms and conditions?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I would think they can change as they see reasonable. It's all about being Green nowadays.

I went with paperless with some of my providers as they wanted to charge a small fee too.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Everything you get through the post is available to download through My O2 to print yourself if you want a piece of paper in your hand.
Too much wasted expense and resource these days so I welcome all initiatives such as this.
You might not be around long enough to feel fully incensed when all the ozone has been depleted and we are all under water from the melting of polar ice caps, but our children will be and they won't be happy - nor interested in your paper bill wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

IT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, that's me told!

I just hope that my postman gets his P45 by email for the sake of future generations.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
All depends if you have any desire for future generations or not......?
However, I don't think your postie has anything to worry about on the job front ! slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Change is sometimes hard to accept.

This particular one for the environment I'm sure you can appreciate is a good one.
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122813 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I feel as strongly as @MI5 on this one.....although struggled with the concept initially. Now anything that saves our planet is the way to go...

One thing that does brass me off however is when a company requires ID and wants to see a bill with your address on...Its as if they are still staggering about in the dark ages

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Paperless billing is fairly commonplace these days. BT will charge you for a paper bill. So will Sky. Apart from it being environmentally beneficial, it must save big companies millions in paper costs and postage. Unfortunately, they don't pass those savings on to the consumer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Virginmedia also charge for paper billing. It's easier online, no private papers to file and much better for thee planet.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Almost all major service providers now do paperless as default. Utilities, tv, phone, broadband, bank statements in some cases.

Paper is definitely being phased out. Cheaper. Better for the environment.

The argument about savings being passed on, for example our mobile contracts in the uk are noticeably cheaper than other parts of the western world. ....
Message 10 of 13