Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Palm Pre is coming to O2!!

Wow! As if O2 has the exclusive launch rights to the new Palm Pre.

Belive me when i say this really is the first "iphone killer"

Watch this video if you dont belive me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQzCd2OnoM

or

http://www.precentral.net/full-video-palm-pre-action
Highlighted
Anonymous

It may be an iPhone killer but it's not an HTC Touch HD, Diamond2, or Pro2 killer Smiley Happy

Yes I'm an HTC fan, and I really don't like the iPhone Smiley Wink

The Palm looks pretty enough but it's a bit of a brick at nearly 60mm wide and 17mm thick.

Only a 480x320 screen resolution too (same as iPhone, but nowhere near my current phone's 640x480)

A 3MP camera with only an LED flash?

I don't think I'll be downgrading to this anytime soon Smiley Very Happy

I'm looking forward to the HTC Touch Diamond 2 due on SIM free in April.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

It may be an iPhone killer but it's not an HTC Touch HD, Diamond2, or Pro2 killer Smiley Happy

Windows mobile or WebOS? I know from what ive seen id choose.

Touch flo (yawn)

Dont forget the Palm Pre won best of show at this years CES in Vegas and you just wait Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Windows mobile or WebOS? I know from what ive seen id choose.
Touch flo (yawn)

I'd still go with Windows Mobile. I've had Palm PDA's and I liked them, got no problem with Palm.

But WM is extremely hackable using registry tweaks. I can't give up that level of customisation.

The HTC Touch Diamond 2 has a 3.2" screen in the same size body as my Diamond, plus a 5MP camera.

Touch Flo work's just fine, with a few performance tweaks.

I've no doubt the Palm has a great OS, but the other specs are poor for what seems to be a flagship model.

I'm happy to look at Palm's OS, Symbian 60 and Android, but only when there's a phone spec that meets my requirements and I can guarantee the same level of functionality / customisation that I get now.

Even the newly announced HTC Magic (the second Android phone) has a screen res of only 480x360.

I still see HTC as the kings of the smartphone Smiley Wink

SV