Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Palm Pixi Plus: New sim card doesn't work

Hi,

I ordered a Palm Pixi Plus on contract online last week. The phone has arrived and works fine but there's just one problem - the new sim card that came with the package doesn't work with it. When I put it in the Palm Pixi Plus, it doesn't connect to the O2 network and I just get 'SOS only' showing at the top of the phone screen. The bizarre thing is the sim card DOES work in my old phone, an old HP IPaq.

Because of this problem I was unable to get the Palm Pixi Plus working initially. Anyone who owns this phone will know that you need to insert a working sim card to get it to set up and create a 'Palm profile'. I had to use my old Pay & Go sim card just to get it booted up, and I'm still having to use it now just so I can receive and send texts. But I know this shouldn't be happening, and obviously I'm slightly worried as I'm unable to make any use of this new contract I'm paying for.

Any ideas as to what might be going wrong?
Anonymous

Palm Pixi Plus: New sim card doesn't work

Never mind, problem solved Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Re: Palm Pixi Plus: New sim card doesn't work

i was thinking of getting this phone ... was more interested in keeping my pay and go sim though ... any ideas what the problem was? and do you think with a text and web PAYG (300 texts, unlim internet) that this would be a worth while phone?
Anonymous

This is a very worthwhile and feature packed phone and has just recently been launched on pay and go. Dont think you will regret getting one Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

This is a very worthwhile and feature packed phone and has just recently been launched on pay and go. Dont think you will regret getting one Smiley Very Happy

ive had a good look into it however i did have a few things on my mind .. things like no flash player? so is youtube streaming possible? and also there arnt many supported IM clients .. yahoo, facebook chat and msn in particular?
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

To be honest, using the o2 network to stream isn't a good idea! Best to use wifi for many reasons. Flash is never going to happen on the Pixi according to PalmInfocenter
I was about to link to a thread on Precentral but realised it was you asking the questions Smiley Very Happy