Did you mean: 

Paid to cancel an account

Dave86rave
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

a few months ago I paid £199 to cancel a contract on my account that was my ex partner as we broke up. I had paid the device plan and it was a roll on monthly tare if that wasn’t fixed, when I rung up to cancel I was told I had to pay £199 as there was an outstanding balance on the device plan. I asked the customer service person on the phone after paying if that’s the only device plan I have left to pay on my account other then my own! I was told yes… since then I’ve had bills come in monthly that are not much cheaper and I’m still paying for a device plan on my sons phone. In theory I shouldn’t of been charged as the first contract was paid out. Why have I been lied to and had to pay for something that’s wasn’t in a contract and has since not made no monthly payment cheaper? I feel like I’ve basically been robbed for trying to cancel a contract that’s no longer in a contractual plan.

to me o2 is a big company but it don’t seem fair to take money for no reason lie to a customer who’s been a customer for years and then find out I’m still paying for a device I was told was paid in full!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@megjess or @O2Ryan can you please advise @Dave86rave?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2