cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for upgrade money gone out the bank but no email ECT and said shop was busy come back later

Anonymous
Not applicable
Paid for a device there was a upfront payment needed... it took the payment from my bank then said it was unable to confirm my card and to try another... funds are still missing from my account and I still was unable to complete my transaction...
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124498 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7525 Solutions

@AnonymousYou need to contact customer services asap. Ask them what's going on. They are open now https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If they took the upfront cost out of your bank then they obviously were able to confirm your card for that transaction...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 147477 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28319 Solutions
Contact your bank too to see if they can tell you if your money has be taken or just reserved as it might not have been taken by O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93417 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6991 Solutions

They usually just reserve the money but there is something wrong with O2's payment system as this happens far too regularly. Call them as soon as possible. 

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124498 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7525 Solutions

Bearing in mind the op said 'they were unable to confirm their card'. That seems rather peculiar when you consider they managed to 'confirm' it to take the upfront cost.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have told me payment will be put back 8nto my account in 10 working days... it was an error on there side and apologised and asked if I would like to order again... told them I can't untill they refund me
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93417 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6991 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Defiantly jonsie this isn't the first time it's happened either
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124498 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7525 Solutions

Always amazes me that they can take money out of your bank immediately...but need 10 days to refund....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 147477 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28319 Solutions
Surely your bank can reverse the payment?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 12