cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF bills - downloading issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Firefox as my browser and up until the end of Feb, it was no problem to go to the O2 website, my bill, view my bill section and download the pdf of the itemised bill, view it and then save it as a PDF file to my own computer (for later use in accounts/expenses etc). From the beginning of March, this ability no longer exists. The itemised bill is viewable, but no longer downloadable or printable. Is this just me, or is it a common problem (and is it related to the new "improved" O2 website functionality) ? If so, how is it solved ? (Btw, I don't want either paper bills or to change my browser to Google Chrome.)

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Control + P will print it and I'm sure there is a keyboard short cut for save as. I se the C +P to save the bill to Office One Note. I use Firefox and noticed the same thing, haven't tried other browsers as the shortcut does what I need.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Control + P will print it and I'm sure there is a keyboard short cut for save as. I se the C +P to save the bill to Office One Note. I use Firefox and noticed the same thing, haven't tried other browsers as the shortcut does what I need.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this, Level 58 - Overseer (is that a real title in O2-land ?).Sounds like something from the Borg......

More seriously, Ctrl + S (save) does work, but (a) only saves the one page being viewed as a web page, HTML or text file, and (b) not as OneNote (at least for me anyway). The simplest way to resolve this issue, until such time as O2 de-improve their "improvement"  and provide the old functionality seems to be to Ctrl + P and print it to PDF using a programme such as BullZip or CutePDF. (Btw does anyone remember something called Hutber's Law which went "improvement always means deterioration" ?)

Or maybe this is all part of the Great Adobe Upgrade Project (largely undetectable to those companies who like the enormously expensive Adobe Acrobat Writer or users who are lucky enought that their companies pay for their software) and is now a chargeable feature ? 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have this problem also with Chrome, O2 tell me to use Internet Explorer but don't want to, so answer is sorry we can't help you.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have same problem with Opera.  THe 'download' button doesnt download the pdg file to save.

i was advised to open IE  or chrome.  when i said that i dont use those either browser, the advice was 'close opera'   What happened to customer service?. 

Message 5 of 5