Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG TO PAY MONTHLY

Muhamud
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I am on a Pay as you go plan right now with a standard big bundle tariff. My credit score has been affected really badly and I recently checked a few weeks ago right before I got a Pay as you go sim to see if I was eligible for a contract with o2. I was denied. As I am now a customer of o2 will I receive the opportunity to soon start a contract with o2 as my pay as you go is just the same as a sim only plan. I have the iPhone 11 which is brought outright but want to upgrade my handset to the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I want to know if there’s a way I can hand in my current handset and pay a small upfront fee if needed as well to then upgrade to the iPhone 12 in order to beat the turn down of my bad credit score. I ask of this because I know I will not be able to gain a contract from anywhere for at least a year due to how much it has been affected and the nature of the effect that has taken place on my credit score.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Muhamud 

You would be better off choosing a sim only tariff from the shop. If you pay three payments in good time you would be eligible for an upgrade to a device and more likely to pass the credit checks.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

There is no guarantee though that you would be acepted for the sim only, however, its the best thing to try.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2