Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

PAYG O2 Internet - Available on Nokia 5800?

Hi,

I am having problems in trying to browse the internet on my Nokia 5800 that I have just bought on O2.

I was under the impression that browsing the internet was available on PAYG, is this not the case? I am using the O2 Mobile Web access point (mobile.o2.co.uk), do I need to change it to something else?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wrong access point settings. Use the settings wizard or get O2 to send them to you. You don't need seperate WAP and Internet APNs for O2 PAYG. Its only contract that has that restriction.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok, I tried to get the correct settings to use from http://getsettings.o2.co.uk/ServeSettingsWebApp/

but got the following message:

Unfortunately, we are not able to process your settings request at this time. Please contact Customer Service or your account manager to discuss further options.

I found the settings which I need on www.filesaveas.com but it still does not work, it comes up saying "Packet data not available. Check network services." Then "Unable to perform operation".

The settings I am using are below:

Data bearer: packet data
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
User name: payandgo
password: password
authentication: normal
network type: IPv4
ip address: automatic
dns addresses: automatic
proxy server address: 193.113.200.195
proxy port number: 9201

Are these settings correct for o2 PAYG?
Highlighted
Anonymous

No. those are for the WAP gateway. For Internet use, change the proxy port number to 8080 (or just leave the proxy settings blank)

You should also check that your account has data enabled (if its an old SIM it may not), just phone O2 and ask them to check O2 Active is enabled on your account.

You can get the settings sent to your handset, by using the "Get Settings" option in the O2 Menu. Or you can send the word ACTIVE to 80202.