cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY & GO TARIFFS

Anonymous
Not applicable
what on earth has happened to the tariffs available these days?

Is there any tarrifs that dont take my £10 top up straight out my account?

I am on Text and Web which gives me 300 texts, 500mb data and still leaves me £10 to spend on calls or what ever else I choose to use it on.

The 3 tariffs available now are RUBBISH. We use to have choice.

Come on o2, give us something to choose from !
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

All the newer tariffs take your credit these days apart from O2 unlimited which gives you smaller allownces but letting you keep the credit.

To me, if you have to top up on a monthly date to get allowances you might as well be on a rolling 30 day simplicity contract with added benefits.

You may also want to look at what other networks are offering, you could be pleasantly surprised.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barbarian and welcome to the forum.

It does seem O2 want people on the Payg Big Bundles Tariffs.

O2 Unlimited is no more either.

Now we have the 'Big Talker' Tariff.

From O2 site "Big Talker is perfect if your friends and family are also on O2. Top up and get O2 Calls, O2 texts and data – use your credit to buy more when you need to."

Be wary of changing to a new tariff because if the current tariff you're currently on is no longer available you won't be able to change back to it.

A 30 day sim only contract is a great idea by jonsie as long as one is able to pass a credit check and has a bank account that allows direct debits.

Tips:
You could try other Network Payg SIM cards to firstly check they give good signal and secondly if their Payg tariffs are better for your needs. Some Networks do piggy back onto O2 as virtual networks.

If your phone is locked to O2 then you can unlock it to try other Payg SIM cards via their unlock form and a £15 fee. T&C apply.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

However the phone should accept the Payg SIM cards from the virtual networks that work off o2's masts. Giffgaff and Tesco Mobile and Lyca Mobile

You can even move your mobile number to them via a PAC Code.

Take care.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Take a look at Tesco or giffgaff - Both run on O2 network but offer proper PAYG tariffs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest I can't see one benefit of staying with O2 on P&G with the current tariffs, which is why I advised to shop around.

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest I can't see one benefit of staying with O2 on P&G with the current tariffs, which is why I advised to shop around.

In fact...when I left O2 PAYG 18 months ago...that was about the time the tariffs started to go downhill...

Must have been because I left I think...taking all my large bills (from Spain) with me Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your replies.

I was shocked at the tariffs.

I have been with o2 for a long time and would seriously consider leaving now.

I hope o2 read this forum and do something about the choice.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Big Bundle £20 Tariff suits my current wants and needs so perhaps I'm fortunate.

It does seem to have been boiled right down for choice I agree.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope o2 read this forum and do something about the choice.

Unlikely as this is a recent business decision to go the way they have done.

As I said earlier, giffgaff is O2's "real" payg network so no point in competing with them for business.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9