Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

PAY@GO

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just bought a Galaxy S2 and everytime I switch it on, I get charged £1 a day. That will cost me more than my pay monthly contract. 

Do you have any advise, please?

Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Re: PAY@GO

That's the problem with smart phones, they are meant to use data and your only two options would be to switch data off and use only wifi or take out a data plan and get the full benefits of a smart phone.

There are apps continually updating in the background which is why you are being charged the Web Daily fee of £1.00. Disabling data and using wifi only would stop those charges.

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Much cheaper to add a data bolt-on than pay the daily charge:

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo#boltons

£6 a month for 500Mb is enough for most.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

[ Edited ]
Post removed
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

The OP is a first time poster and possibly not used to forum etiquette. Not a very nice welcome for someone looking for a little advice?Smiley Surprised

Highlighted
Anonymous

go into settings, turn mobile data off, then just use wifi at home or anywhere that has free wifi or buy a data bolt on