Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC transfer to O2 gone wrong?

Farrell12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I gave O2 a PAC code to transfer my old number from another network. 2 days ago both sims worked, now for a 2nd day both sims show no network. No amount of reboots, power offs or flight mode switching is working .
Initially I had issues doing the swap online, was informed I must call, hung up on as non-urgent 1st time.
Now this debacle. No other switch has taken more than 2 hours, is 2 days without service common on O2? Im beginning to think Ive made a huge mistake.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Farrell12 

They are taking a few days currently for some reason.

Call customer service to check on it Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Farrell12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Wishing I hadn't moved from Three, only did it for cheap phone deal. Ten minutes lost service is all Ive ever experienced with a PAC transfer in the past.
Calling customer service isn't easy these days they just hang up if you're not leaving or reporting theft.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try the number ending in 4005 and say anything to get connected.
Open from 8.00am
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Farrell12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both sims still saying not registered on network but calls and texts are working (even though it flashes up "message not sent"

Very odd but thanks for your help

Message 5 of 7

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Farrell12 just checking on you. Is it working now or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Farrell12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had been showing no network until this morning although I have made calls and texts (texts showed message not able to be sent) but most would be received except the odd one.  Oddly when the intended recipient texted me they would suddenly get my messages.

At some point, it now seems to be OK but that was the longest most problematic transfer I've experienced and I've had mobiles since Mercury one2one!

Hopefully, all will now be fine.  Thanks for checking on me though, much appreciated.

Message 7 of 7