Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC or migrate

Toot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can I transfer my existing phone number from 02 pay monthly to a new o2 pay monthly?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23937 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions
Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23937 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Toot See this guide: Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Bert3
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I may be missing something, however I don't think the guide covers the scenario.  It covers O2 Monthly to O2 Monthly in different names but not in the same name. Did you find a solution @Toot as I need to do the same soon and there are reports that calling Customer Services does not really work.

Message 3 of 11

Bert3
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I may be missing something, however I don't think the guide covers the scenario.  It covers O2 Monthly to O2 Monthly in different names but not in the same name. Did you find a solution @Toot as I need to do the same soon and there are reports that calling Customer Services does not really work.

Message 4 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

If you want to move on to a new deal when you are out of your minimum term simply upgrade  You keep the same number

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 11

Bert3
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Enlii, will try to explain why I can't do that. It may be niche however suspect with the amount of times this is asked, it might not be.  I am an existing O2 user now into the custom 30 day contract phase.  I am just about to take out a Virgin Media Bolt package which comes with a new O2 monthly sim as part of the deal.  I want to end my current monthly rolling contract and move this number to the new O2 monthly sim, therefore can't upgrade.  It's a scenario that doesn't seem to be covered in the Porting guide and others with a similar question have said they have been caught in a loop with customer services, I just want to know if anyone had success doing this.   One possible way is to port Monthly to PAYG and then PAYG to Monthly but that seems crazy. 

Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148965 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Bert3 

You just need an internal number migration, however, it's only now possible if you are on the new 360 system.

Migrations from an old legacy account are not possible and a pac out and back in again is required in that case.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 11

Bert3
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks a lot @MI5, will be on the 360 I believe. I presume this is achieved by calling O2 Customer Services?

Message 8 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148965 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Bert3 

Yes indeed.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

You may get more sense from the social media teams.

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X)( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

The truth is you didn't have to take out a new O2 SIM to get Volt whatever the Virgin agent said. 

They get paid more for selling both

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 11