cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC number for PAYG Sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all, just one quick question related with payg sim card:

Is there any time limit to keep the sim card in o2 network before I transfer my o2 number to the other network?

thanks.

the reason for this question is as follows. I bought an o2 payg sim card in the local shop (99p) today. I insert it to my phone (Nokia 105, not smart phone) to have a try. After that I found when I insert this sim card to other phones, the other phone will not reconige the o2 sim card. Then I checked o2 website, it is something called the sim card is locked with the phone which is first used. I am thinking if it is possiable for me to transfer network from and keep this number and therefore I can use my other phone by keeping this number.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

The sim card does not lock to any phone and should work in any unlocked or O2 phone.

You can request the PAC at any time as long as the simcard is registered and has been topped up to use on the O2 network. I would suggest you make a call or two and send a couple of texts before requesting the PAC by calling 4445.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick reply.

Now the sim card only works on my nokia 105, when I insert the sim card to Galaxy note and dial 4444 for instance, it will display 'not registed network etc.'.  Both 105 and note are unlocked sim free phones and 105 is the first phone i tried the new 02 sim card.

So your suggestion is I should top up and make several calls then ask for the pac, thanks.  

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I don't understand why it would work in one phone but not the other if they are both unlocked. You are using a sim adapter for the Note aren't you as they are different sized sims?

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jonsie, both 105 and note are standard sim.

what dose this mean:
As a Pay & Go customer, your O2 device can be unlocked 12 months after you buy it.
Fee
There's a one-off fee of £15 to unlock your device.
At the moment you don't have enough credit to cover the fee.
Before you can unlock your device, you'll need to top up online, or call 4444 free from your O2 mobile.
This policy might vary depending on your device.

Does this have nothing to do with sim card only with mobile phones?

thanks

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
What you have read is that iPhones will lock to the network of the first sim inserted, not sim cards locking to phones.
As stated, your sim will work in any o2 or unlocked phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Jonsie, both 105 and note are standard sim.

what dose this mean:
As a Pay & Go customer, your O2 device can be unlocked 12 months after you buy it.
Fee
There's a one-off fee of £15 to unlock your device.
At the moment you don't have enough credit to cover the fee.
Before you can unlock your device, you'll need to top up online, or call 4444 free from your O2 mobile.
This policy might vary depending on your device.

Does this have nothing to do with sim card only with mobile phones?

thanks

That is to unlock a phone, nothing to do with sim cards.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5, I tried another phone Galaxy S3, the sim card works. Maybe something wrong with my note.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Jonsie. You are right, it should work for all unlocked phones.

Thanks
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Guess it's the original Note then. So you need to top up and request your PAC or stay with O2 now you know it's the phone problem and the sim is ok.

Message 10 of 12