Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

PAC code

I phoned O2 this morning to get a PAC for my iPhone (moving to GiffGaff). He asked me for the password on the account, which I gave him, then asked me for a number which I text or phone regularly (or which contacts me, can't remember), in the past three months.
I don't use the phone number, it's mostly for data, but I gave him my husband's number, which appears regularly in my list of texts and calls. At which point, he said they had "no record of that", and said I would have to take the SIM out of the phone, make a note of the serial number, and call back.
This is just a nonsense - if I'd stolen the phone, I wouldn't know the account password, and also I'd be able to take the SIM out anyway. THis is, I guess, just a ploy to stop me moving - should I talk to OFCOM?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: PAC code

No I would just do as asked, the agent can't use their discretion to pass you through security. If you browse the forum you will see lots of posts with people complaining how easily they got their PAC without o2 even trying to keep them. That is the way it is now, they will just give you it once you get through security.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

A ploy to stop you moving - I like that! Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

No I would just do as asked, the agent can't use their discretion to pass you through security. If you browse the forum you will see lots of posts with people complaining how easily they got their PAC without o2 even trying to keep them. That is the way it is now, they will just give you it once you get through security.

Why are they telling me my husband's number is not in their records as having called/texting me? That's just not true when I can see his number in my recent calls/texts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why are they telling me my husband's number is not in their records as having called/texting me? That's just not true when I can see his number in my recent calls/texts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It is possible you may have mis-quoted the number, this is easily done and DPA has to be taken seriously. You shouldn't be complaining, you should be pleased. If someone accessed your account because an O2 agent didn't stick to the letter of the security check you would have grounds for complaint.
There is no reason at all for O2 to try to "trick" you into staying, the idea is Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 refuses to give me my PAC code because it is a diamond number and I have to prove how I got it. I bought it from Ebay from another guy and nobody has any reciepts left of any purchase. Nothing I can do. I am stuck in O2.
Now I try to make it Pay Monthly and later try again. Ofcom writes about it:
The only reasons why a provider can refuse to give a PAC are:
* the number does not belong to the customer of the losing mobile provider
* the account for that number has been terminated
* the account holder has died
* a PAC has already been issued and is still valid
* the customer has not adequately proved that he or she is the legitimate account holder.

If I am an account holder with my VIP number, they cannot refuse. Do they?
Highlighted
Anonymous

But where did the eBay guy get it from? That might be the problem