cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code request question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if someone could help me with this question please.

I’m currently on a sim only pay monthly plan. It shows in My O2 that my contract renewal date is 13 October 2015.

I was wondering if I can contact O2 on the 13 September and ask for my PAC code. And then on that same date, can I give the PAC code to my new provider and this would then be my 30 days notice to O2 that I was wanting to end my service with them ?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So would this mean that on or just after the 13 October I would receive a final bill of what I would owe and after that my O2 account would be closed?

Yes

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Forget to ask this earlier.

If I give my new provider the PAC code on lets say 13 September, would my number be transfered over within a couple of days or would the migration not take place until 30 days after the 13 September (i.e. 13 October)

Usually next day if requested Mon to Thurs.

If requested on a Fri it won't change until the following Tuesday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 21

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much everyone for the help and the very useful link @Cleoriff, really appreciate it slight_smile

Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

No problem @Anonymous. Hope all goes well for you when you transfer...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help everyone, appreciate the help slight_smile

I called up O2 today to get my PAC code and with all going well, my number should be ported over tomorrow.

Message 16 of 21

jonsie
  • 93151 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Good news @Anonymous and I hope all goes well. It will be like having a new phone slight_smile

Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Good news @Anonymous and I hope all goes well. It will be like having a new phone slight_smile

slight_smile It is jonsie.

I was down on the beach yesterday. Usually here, I have either no coverage or one bar with O2. I just wanted to do something simple (checking my Twitter feed for a local news event that was going on at the time) and I was able to do this with the network I'm moving to, the page displayed instantly when I clicked on the link, where usually doing the same thing with O2 (even with a decent 3G signal) it takes a while to load, sometimes taking that long that I get fed up and wait till I'm on wifi. Too be far though, I did have 4G with the new provider, but even doing the same on 3G gives the same result.

I'm now able to use my phone more of the time I need/want to and its a welcome change. I just hope my data usage doesnt go too high Shocked

Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I was just gonna say you'll need more than the 100mb you had on o2 now.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I was just gonna say you'll need more than the 100mb you had on o2 now.

I get 2GB with EE, hopefully I won't need anymore slight_smile

Message 20 of 21