cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once I get my pac code to transfer my number to Giffgaff, how long does the process take. By this I mean how long will I be with no phone. Also will any remaining credit balance on o2 be transfered over or will i lose this, or will I get a different number on the old o2 sim and any remaining credit put on to that. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Once you transfer a PAC your account will be closed so you'll lose all credit.

They can take up to 2weeks(worst one I've seen) but generally done quite quickly eg 24 hours.

Bear in mind the central service that does the transferees does not work weekends or bank holidays. Best bet is do it on a Monday around 9am to catch the first business day.

Hope this helps:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Once I get my pac code to transfer my number to Giffgaff, how long does the process take. By this I mean how long will I be with no phone. Also will any remaining credit balance on o2 be transfered over or will i lose this, or will I get a different number on the old o2 sim and any remaining credit put on to that. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

No credit will follow you to GiffGaff.

Get a payg sim now, activate it and ask customer services to transfer any credit to that before the PAC takes hold and closes that sim down.

Message 2 of 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Once you transfer a PAC your account will be closed so you'll lose all credit.

They can take up to 2weeks(worst one I've seen) but generally done quite quickly eg 24 hours.

Bear in mind the central service that does the transferees does not work weekends or bank holidays. Best bet is do it on a Monday around 9am to catch the first business day.

Hope this helps:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/How-do-I-keep-my-mobile-number/ta-p/3521127

Have a look there, that tells you all about transferring your no. to giffgaff and how long etc

Message 4 of 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's a brilliant thread:)

Thanks for sharing.

We need our own versions!
Message 5 of 6

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I agree Liquid. There are lots on there that we could use here slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 6