Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code

Culp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to move my number from EE to O2,  I have a PAC code from EE. I put it in the form when I ordered my O2 sim. I activated my SIM over the weekend but my number hasn't transferred.  I went to my local store in MORPETH to be told they can't help me instore.  I tried phoning 0202 to be told they are only taking emergency calls before the system cut me off.  I went to the website, spent ages filling in a form and tracking down obscure bits of technical information to get a monumentally annoying "oops something went wrong" message. I tried the form again to be told it's offline. I tried this forum tried calling the 0800 number that came in the "problem solved" answer to a similar question but the number is no longer available. Help! before I throw my phone across the room this process has been an utter nightmare

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Culp Ports do not happen on weekends. Keep switching your phone off and back on every so often. Hopefully your port will happen some time today. If not, you'll need to speak to customer service again.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Because you're not buying anything, O2 doesn't consider your call important, so use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

Alternatively, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Culp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got through. Gave my details, they said their system had crashed and could they call me back in 5-10 minutes, that was 15 minutes ago

Message 3 of 7

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

When did you give your PAC to O2? If it was at the weekend then the number won't transfer until tomorrow.

Number ports can happen anytime up to 5pm or so on the day in question.

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Culp Do not rely on, or wait for O2 to call you back. There's a 99.9% chance that they won't. You just have to keep on at them and call again until you get your issue resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Culp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally got through!  Should be done by tomorrow evening, thanks all for the help

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Culp wrote:

Finally got through!  Should be done by tomorrow evening, thanks all for the help

Hey @Culp , how are you doing this week? slight_smile I just wanted to check if everything got sorted in the end with your number port?

Message 7 of 7