cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
My pay monthly contract ends on 16th June and I'm choosing not to renew my contract and switch provider. I spoke with 02 yesterday but ended the call slightly confused.
Do I gave to give EXACTLY 30 days notice in order to not receive any exit fees? I was told that the pac code only lasts 30 days and if my new provider activates before this then I will receive these charges. Basically I'm trying to leave 02 after paying my normal monthly direct debit without any fees so when is it best to ask for my pac code?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your pac negates the need to give notice as the contract will end when it's used.
Give your new network your pac on the 14th June and it will be actioned on the 16th.
O2 will still have charged you for the next month (as you pay a month in advance) but they will refund you that cost 14 days later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your pac negates the need to give notice as the contract will end when it's used.
Give your new network your pac on the 14th June and it will be actioned on the 16th.
O2 will still have charged you for the next month (as you pay a month in advance) but they will refund you that cost 14 days later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions