Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC CODE

Jay222019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got a strange message at 3am. Saying my contract will expire if I don’t update my PAC code and to login to o2contract.co.uk. Your method of payment has expired.
Clearly it must be a scam. Anyone else get it?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jay222019  It's most definitely a scam. Don't click on the link. A PAC is only used if you're going to switch networks and want to keep your number. They are issued by the network, so you don't have the facility to update anything concerned with it.

Edit: Please also take a look at this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jay222019  It's most definitely a scam. Don't click on the link. A PAC is only used if you're going to switch networks and want to keep your number. They are issued by the network, so you don't have the facility to update anything concerned with it.

Edit: Please also take a look at this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got it too!!
I did click on the link. It takes you to an O2 log in page. I have my login details saved so when my email address wasn’t already on the screen I was suspicious. I didn’t enter my log in details so hoping it didn’t open any access.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 

Are O2 aware of this scam? We've seen many but this seems a new one?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the help and mention @Bambino and @Cleoriff!

@Jay222019 @mrsbaker1 There's a lot of useful info on how to deal with this as well here, and one of the first things you can do to report a suspicious text is to forward the message to 7726. You may get an automated response thanking you for the report and giving you further instructions if needed. And don't worry, you will not be charged for sending texts to 7726. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5