Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&G Topping Up with Credit Cards on Website

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Everytime I've tried to top up using either of my Credit Cards they are declined. Both have years of validity and work fine in shops.
I have to resort to using my Debit Card.
Is this normal inconvenience?

Martin

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

@Cleoriff I sit corrected, milady wink

I've never had to register a credit card, in fact I had to use a different credit card to top-up one of the family PAYG phones last month when I was in Spain (as the card I usually use was sitting in a drawer at home) - and the topup went straight through from https://www.o2.co.uk/webtopup/  without issues. It was the first time I had used that card to top up *any* O2 PAYG phone.

Of course, as it's weekend, O2's systems, or the credit card company's systems for the cards that @pdfbt40 holds might be misbehaving.  I've seen a web transaction fail on a card I have, for an on-line heating oil purchase, fail repeatedly because the Credit Card comapny had the incorrect date of birth on file for me, and the Verified by Visa, or its Mastercard equivalent, was asking me for my DoB to authorise the transaction.

Credit cards and Web verification systems, there to protect us, can be a pain.  O2's limits for how often or how much a card is used for topping-up online via the O2 website can also be a bit of a pain.Don't know

Message 31 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

If you used a card last month to top up without registering @pgn then maybe the system has changed.

I have no idea about that as I have always had to register the cards I have used for the 4444 top up service. However, as we keep reiterating,  none of our personal experiences is helping the op as they have some sort of issue with their credit cards 'every time they try to top up'... which only CS can sort out for them.  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions
You're right, @Cleoriff. The original poster does need to call Customer Services to find out what is amiss...
Message 33 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. I can top up by bank card but not credit card. This has been the case for a years now. I think it’s just a fault with the O2 Site - maybe o2 don’t like paying the credit card fee?

Message 34 of 34