Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&G Topping Up with Credit Cards on Website

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Everytime I've tried to top up using either of my Credit Cards they are declined. Both have years of validity and work fine in shops.
I have to resort to using my Debit Card.
Is this normal inconvenience?

Martin

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You have to register the cards before you top up. Maybe the website just isn't recognising the credit cards?  Your only way to find out what's happening and why there is a problem, is by giving CS a call on 4445 @pdfbt40  This could purely be an issue with 'computer saying no' Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a top up voucher from a local shop or o2 store

Message 12 of 34

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I always topped up via my banking app, absolutely no fuss and no need to worry about cards or the unreliable website or fickle O2 systems. 

Message 13 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I always topped up via my banking app, absolutely no fuss and no need to worry about cards or the unreliable website or fickle O2 systems. 

Of course that's an option.... but remember the phones I have topped up via the auto top up line (4444) weren't mine. They belonged to family members who found it much easier to give me the money and let me top up using my 3 cards. Smiley Very Happy (the bank of mum and dad)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Or via a cash-point or auto-teller, although I have never tried that method, @Anonymous

Message 15 of 34

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can top up any phone through the app and I'm fairly sure most banks now have a mobile top up feature. 

Message 16 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff I know as my mother-in-law and my wife had phones topped up using the same card, Card #1. Along came Daughter#1, her new PAYG number could not be added to this card, so hers went on Card #2.  Next family member to get a PAYG phone also went on Card #2. Then another family member got a phone, and neither card was usable, despite MIL's phone not having been topped-up on Card #1 in several years

A call to CS for PAYG revealed my MIL's number still registered to Card #1, this was removed and voilá, I could top up Family Member #3's new PAYG phone from Card 1.

It's a weird, wonderful, electronically-connected world we all live in, isn't it? wink

Message 17 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Or via a cash-point or auto-teller, although I have never tried that method, @Anonymous

All ways of topping up given in my first post....Dance tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 34

pdfbt40
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for all the suggestions, but i'm only really interested in my specific questions, not alternative top up methods or work arounds. For personal reasons I only want/need to top up at home without registering cards, hence using website ONLY.
The question of quantity of SIMs and Credit Cards is similarly irrelevent as I've said - 2 SIMs, 2 CCs ALWAYS declined from first attempted website topup.

If its true, can someone confirm credit cards have to be registered to use them on the website, although there are no messages to that effect on either of the entry screens.

Message 19 of 34

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, usually they have to be registered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 34