Did you mean: 

Overcharged for extra

Kr1s_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I joined o2 and had a free 3 month trial of Prime. I made sure to set it to not auto renew around a month into the trial and got email confirmation it would not renew. In my last bill I was charged an extra 29p for Prime, due to I'm told the extra being cancelled at around 1am on the day. They wouldn't refund me and when I called they are saying that I logged in and cancelled at 1am. I haven't been awake at 1am for a very long time 😅 has anyone else had this problem?

It's only 29p but imagine if every customer has this issue

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Kr1s_ 

I assume the system is automated so it's possible the cancellation request was sent after O2 run the system maintenance around midnight every day.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Norrie49
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just seen a similar extra charge in my latest bill; I have the 3 months free Disney + extra and this month my 100% refund of £7.99 ahs become  a 100% refund of 7.72.Unable to find a reason for this so just assume this is just  a tactic  to get more money, a little from a lot of customers hoping few bother to go through the hoops to query.

Message 3 of 7

Kr1s_
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just spoke with o2, they are saying it should be credited on my next bill so will see if that happens. Still a bit annoying really having to chase for pennies

Message 4 of 7

Kr1s_
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I assume you mean the cancellation request from their teams internally? My cancellation/do not renew selection was done a couple of months back

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Kr1s_ wrote:

I assume you mean the cancellation request from their teams internally? My cancellation/do not renew selection was done a couple of months back

Yes. If the cancellation request went through immediately it would cancel at the end of that month, not after the full length of the free trial.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

Norrie49
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely, I have cancelled my “ free” Disney + extra so the 2 months of this has only cost 27p . I was worried how much my final free month would cost. Also changed my spend cap to zero, trust gone.

Message 7 of 7