Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged bill

Shegun
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was grossly overcharged of my usual device bill for two of my devices. I pay £56 and £37 but was charged £131 and £112. Been trying to call the contact centre but its a long queue

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Louise52 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply - the link you gave takes me to the BBC news!! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52130230

Is there a different link?

My sincere apologies @Louise52 - error due to my copy and paste.

Thank you for pointing this out . I have corrected link in my original post which is

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Tips-to-avoid-unexpected-charges-on-your-bill/ba-p/12182...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 20

Louise52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - this is a really helpful guide.

I'm still worried as to how I've been charged £60.00 for additional minutes... and can't get through to O2 - I've tried many times. The problem is that I don't make many phone calls and have never called anyone living abroad. I do use the occasional emoji but not in great numbers! There's no one else here who could have used my phone and I'm SO worried that this is going to happen again.... it may be a stupid question - but is there anyway someone could have got my number and is using it...?? I really can't afford for this to happen next month and am very stressed and upset by all this . I've had 'pay as you go' for many years and only 4 months ago , when I got a different phone, O2 told me it would be more economical to have a simple monthly tarif!!

Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Louise52 

Not sure what link you are looking at but the one provided by Mi Amigo takes you to the correct guide?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's been fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 20

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So I gather. It was showing the correct one when I posted. rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Louise52 

Have you checked your MyO2?

If you look at your latest airtime bill and scroll down to Summary of charges, is the excess charges under minutes or premium and information services?

That might throw some further light on why you have incurred unexpected extra charges.   

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 20

Louise52
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply - I have just managed to find a detailed breakdown of the bill and it was additional minutes that cost £60.00.... this is really dreadful as I had no idea that this month I'd gone over the allowance  of 500 minutes. When I signed up for this tariff in the O2 shop, I'm sure that someone mentioned that there was a CAP to notify me  if I was going over the allowance- but nothing came - to my email or phone. This 'oversight' has led to 27 calls being charged at 55p per minute - one local call cost over £11.00 and another to a mobile cost over £19.00. It a hard lesson learnt.... and without going through every call individiually - I suppose I must trust that the system has calculated correctly and there's nothing more I can do:( ...... is there?

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Not really, unfortunately.
Keep an eye on allowances in your MyO2 in future.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do as you have gone over your allowance. Costs are shown in My O2 so as you say, harsh lesson.

Message 20 of 20