Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged bill

Shegun
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was grossly overcharged of my usual device bill for two of my devices. I pay £56 and £37 but was charged £131 and £112. Been trying to call the contact centre but its a long queue

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shegun 

You will have to keep trying I'm afraid

You could try Skype on 0800 032 1402 if the usual numbers are busy

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

O2Stephen
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have you been able to login the the My02 app to see if there is a breakdown or reason for the charges?...
This can be accessed on the phone through the app or on a tablet or computer through the o2 website.
signature
Message 3 of 20

• 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know the feeling 

Ive had 17 DD's off my bank this month should only be three

My bank refunded them noe 02 is disconnecting my line due to non payment 

So to save this I have paid online again as I need the phone for my health in these times   

Message 4 of 20

Louise52
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm on a £7.00 per month tarrif and have just had a bill for £81.00. I managed to download the O2 app to see the bill itemised and apparently, I've used £60.00 on minutes. BUT, I really don't know what I've done compared to the previous 4 months when I was charged the expected £7.00. I use my phone for calls / texts and WhatsAp (that I thought was free) and nothing else. I'm SO stressed by this and can't find anywhere that gives me an answer - I've tired the 202 free contact number and initially get through to an automated system and then it cuts me off. Please can anyone help me with advice... what might I be doing to incur these huge additional charges.....have I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere? I'm not very technical and am so worried that this is going to happen again - and being a pensioner, I really can't afford this.

Message 5 of 20

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Shegun @Post @Louise52 

Although it might not apply in all cases, it might be worth checking out the useful guide -

Tips to avoid unexpected charge on your bill - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Tips-to-avoid-unexpected-charges-on-your-bill/ba-p/12182...

Good luck. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 20

Shegun
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have, I had to come here as a last resort. I'll have to keep trying the customer care line. Thanks a lot slight_smile

Message 7 of 20

Shegun
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will continue trying. Thanks.

Message 8 of 20

Louise52
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply - the link you gave takes me to the BBC news!! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52130230

Is there a different link?

Message 9 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Louise52 

Try here Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 20