Did you mean: 

Overcharged Tariff - Sim Only

Tobias001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I'm having.

I paid off a two year contract of roughly £76 per month when the iPhone X first released. I was then called by an O2 representative when my contract was coming to an end. This representative essentially conned me as he was asking if I would like to stay on a rolling contract (that was fine) and that if I did I would get get an Alcatel phone for free. I told him I don't have a need for it (this is where the "conning" came into play) and he said you can just keep it in a draw for if I need it in the future, so I obvioulsy went ahead and said "sure why not". When it arrived and I recieved my first bill I was more than shocked to find out I wasn't only paying for my new contarct, but also a silly amount for the "free Alcatel". I subsequesntly called up and explained my situation and had the phone and contract cancelled.

Because of the whole situation I wasn't aware of how much I was being charged for my sim-only contract as I was just relieved to not be paying for a phone I did not want. This sim-only contact tariff is as follows;

5GB of data

Unlimited Calls

Unlimited Texts

All this for a resounding £26.45 p/m untill September 2022!!

This O2 representative completely scr**d me over as I initally only wanted a pay monthly plan and not a brand new over priced contract for another two years!

I only noticed it was on such a long contract a few months ago, and when I've gone to change it on my app it shows that I can't change my tariff. Only recently did I check the prices O2 are offering and I'm obectively being over charged by over £10 per month.

This all stemed from incredibley bad customer service, enough to warrent him being fired so I believe I'm owed what I origianlly wanted.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Tobias001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also an added question.

Does anyone know if they can pull up old phone calls if they're recorded? I believe if the phone call was listened to by someone, my request would be fufilled and I might even be owed compensation.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Tobias001 

I doubt it was O2 who called you.

Most likely one of the so called "trusted partners" so O2 would not have any recored of calls made.

You should call customer service yourself and see what they can do to help you.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You probably wont have been called by o2 but one of the delightful partners 😞

If you think you have been mis-sold then you will need to lodge a complaint with o2:
Full details can be found here : https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

If it was o2 then the complaints team should be able to pull calls and notes on the account.

Just so you are aware tariff charges change and the amount you pay could be higher or lower depending on the offers at the time.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Tobias001 

Is it a business contract (favoured by a company called Aerial Direct) or just a regular consumer contract?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5